Massage therapy has been found to help relieve aches and pains by reducing inflammation, boost immunity by increasing disease-fighting white blood cells, decrease tension headaches and reduce migraines (if done on a regular basis), increase blood flow and lymphatic drainage to rid your body of toxins, and provide an overall sense of relaxation from everyday stress. There’s even more good news though!
A recent study published in the International Journal of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork showed that weekly sessions of massage can have a positive effect on balance, the nervous system, and cardiovascular health in older adults. The study compared older adults who received six weekly 60-minute full body massages with a control group and the results revealed that the massage group experienced a decrease in blood pressure and an increase in stability. Postural stability and lower blood pressure are both important facets to leading a stronger, healthier life, especially in older adults.
At Evolutions Day Spa we offer a variety of massage services to meet your individual needs:
- Swedish Massage: a classic massage designed to relax and nurture; 60 or 90 minutes
- Sports Massage: a mix of deep tissue and reflexology that concentrates on areas of pain (if any) and on overworked feet; 60 or 90 minutes
- Deep Tissue Massage: for those who prefer deeper massage or wish to target specific areas of muscle tightness; 60 or 90 minutes
- Shiatsu Massage: a style of Japanese acupressure that is applied to specific points on the body to stimulate inner healing; 60 or 90 minutes
- Hot Stone Massage: heated stones provide deep warmth and natural healing properties to melt away tension and stress; 75 minutes
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation: a series of muscle relaxation exercises will start your session to prepare your muscles for a deep tissue massage; 90 minutes
- Pre Natal Massage: this massage promotes healthy circulation and provides relief from swelling and cramping for the expectant mother and is done after the first trimester; 60 minutes
- Duet Massage: our couples’ room enables you to enjoy a massage with your significant other, friend, or family member; 60 or 90 minutes
Before or after your massage at Evolutions, plan to relax in our eucalyptus dry sauna or unwind in our tea lounge. Book your Santa Barbara massage by calling Evolutions Medical and Day Spa at 805-687-0212.