Review of Evolutions Medical Spa Event Featuring DYSPORT
Yesterday Evolutions Medical Spa in Santa Barbara held an exciting educational event introducing Dysport – the first real alternative to Botox. On hand was the Dysport representative (left in the picture) who held an informative presentation and question and answer period followed by a live demonstration by Dr. Terry Perkins of a patient receiving Dysport. In addition, attendees who purchased a Dysport treatment at the event received a special discount and one lucky raffle winner won a free treatment!
Key points that we learned about Dysport:
- It is a form of botulinum toxin type A (and so is Botox)
- The “onset” time is shorter than Botox, with patients seeing results as early as 24 – 36 hours after treatment
- Dysport is FDA approved and has been used in Europe since the early 1990s
- Dysport is measured in units that are different than Botox and it works out to be a better value than Botox
- Dysport is commonly used to treat wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes and can also be used to treat hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
- Dysport typically lasts three to four months
- Dysport is injected with a small needle to specific areas – see live demonstration picture below:
Read more about Dsyport and Botox on Evolutions website. A Dysport treatment session usually lasts 30 minutes. Call Evolutions to book your appointment today – 805.687.0212!