Plan ahead for summer by starting your Laser Hair Removal treatments now. Hair grows in phases so one treatment is not sufficient. Typically it takes 5-6 treatments to achieve the desired results. For facial hair, the treatments are about 4-6 weeks apart. For body hair, the treatments are about 6-8 weeks apart. After the first 3 treatments, you may be able to lengthen the intervals between procedures (usually 2 months for facial hair and 3 months for body hair).
How does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Permanent hair reduction is achieved by damaging hair follicles enough so they will not continue to grow hair. Laser and IPL technology both target melanin (the substance that gives skin and hair its color) in the hair follicle which absorbs the light energy. This heats up the follicle and damages it, hopefully permanently.
One Device Does Not Fit All
While many other med spas have one hair removal device, we know that one device does not fit everyone’s skin type and hair color needs. We have five state-of-the-art modalities to remove unwanted hair so we can customize your treatment series to best serve you.
- The UltraWave II with the Alexandrite wavelength (for lighter skin types)
- The Ultrawave II with the Nd: Yag wavelength (for darker skin types)
- The Comet combines a diode laser with radiofrequency (works well for many types of skin and hair color combinations including white, red, and blonde hair that cannot be treated by most lasers)
- The PPx uses patented photopneumatic therapy and is a painless treatment. No numbing cream needed.
- The ProWave is a programmable IPL and is able to cover large areas in little time (like legs and backs)
Am I a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
With our 5 modalities, almost anyone is a good hair removal candidate. Certain skin types may require more treatments than usual. Some medical conditions are contraindications to treatment including pregnancy, people who have uses Accutane within 6 months, and people who are on photo-sensitizing medication.
Is Laser Hair Removal a Popular Treatment for Men?
Absolutely. We have many male hair removal clients at Evolutions. The most popular areas to treat are the back, neck, shoulders, and chest.
At Evolutions, we have performed tens of thousands of Laser Hair Removal treatments.
If you are tired of shaving, plucking, and/or waxing, call us today (805-695-2160) to schedule a free consultation.