Our “Summer Skincare” event provided us with so much information that we have decided to split the recap into three posts – each dedicated to the three topics of the evening – all of which are equally important. The first topic is about the Clarisonic Skin Care System.
What is the Clarisonic Skin Cleansing System?
The Clarisonic skin cleansing system, or popularly known as the “Clarisonic brush”, uses a patented sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to gently, and thoroughly, cleanse your skin. It removes six times more makeup and two times more dirt than cleansing with your hands alone. The inside area of the brush oscillates ten degrees in either direction, moving with the skin’s elasticity, while the outer ring of bristles stay stationary and act as a splash guard. The movement of the bristles makes this brush unique to all the other electronic skin brushes on the market, which use a rotary movement that tugs at the skin and can cause damage. Use the Clarisonic with any cleanser of your choice as long as it is non-abrasive.
What are the benefits of cleansing with the Clarisonic?
If you use the Clarisonic on a regular basis, once in the morning and once in the evening, you will see many benefits, including:
- Clearer, smoother skin
- More product absorption – your cleaner skin will absorb moisturizers, and other facial products, more thoroughly and evenly
- Less blackheads because it removes dirt and sebum (oil)
- Minimized appearance of pores
Clarisonic Brush Heads: Which is right for you?
There are five types of brush heads available for the face, and one for the body. The facial brush heads target different skin types:
- Normal: perfect for normal skin, shaving prep and use on the neck and chest (this is the brush head on the grey plastic base)
- Sensitive: for sensitive to normal skin types (this is the brush that comes with all Clarisonic units)
- Delicate: for delicate or extra-sensitive skin (this brush has a light blue plastic base)
- Deep Pore: use for cleansing on oily skin, large pores, and is gentle enough for daily use
- Acne: extra-plush with bristle gradation to provide gentle cleansing for sensitive and acne prone skin
Clarisonic Settings for Optimal Cleansing
Depending on the model you buy, the Clarisonic has different speeds, or settings, ranging from a sensitive cleanse to a deeper cleanse. The Clarisonic Mia (a popular unit for travel that comes with an international charger) has one speed, while the Mia 2 has two speeds. The Clarisonic PRO has four speeds to meet all skin cleansing needs.
Tips for the Clarisonic
- We learned last night from the Clarisonic rep a secret that has to be shared! Your brush can do double duty for spot treatment. Pop out the center of the brush, snap it on the Clarisonic and use this smaller brush head for the area between the nose and the cheeks and the nose itself.
- Clean your brush head with antibacterial soap at least once per week
- Use a permanent marker to write the date on the back of the brush head and remember to replace the brush every three months
- For those of you who like to use the Clarisonic on your back, there is a back handle now available that attaches to the Clarisonic Pro
At Evolutions Medical Spa we use the Clarisonic brush as part of our facial services. Dr. Perkins and our staff highly recommend incorporating the Clarisonic cleansing system into you skincare routine to maintain beautiful skin in between facial services. The Clarisonic system and brush head replacements are available for purchase at Evolutions.