Does cellulite make you feel self-conscious? You are not alone. Cellulite is a common condition that affects 80% – 90% of women. Cellulite is caused by shrinkage of deep tissue cords called fibrous septa that run deep through the skin, fat, and muscle. When these cords pull downwards, fat pushes upward creating the uneven dimpled appearance that we know as cellulite.
Your lifestyle does not cause cellulite. Diet, lack of exercise, or lifestyle choices cannot cause cellulite but the following all play a roll in whether we have cellulite:
- Genetics. Characteristics associated with the development of cellulite such as volume and distribution of fat is dictated by your genes.
- Gender. Cellulite is more commonly found in women than men due to estrogen levels and structural differences in deeper tissues. Men have thicker bands that form a crisscross to hold fat in place where as women have a vertical pattern.
- Race. The structure of deeper tissues and location of cellulite differs by ethnicity.
- Age. Cellulite usually occurs after puberty.
Can you get rid of cellulite? There are no treatments or creams that make cellulite go away completely. The good news is that there is something we can do about cellulite that works. It is called Cellfina – a one-time treatment that can significantly reduce the appearance of cellulite.
How does Cellfina work? The treatment releases the fibrous septae that are under the dimpled areas.
More about Cellfina:
- Cellfina is the first and only FDA-cleared cellulite treatment.
- Results are long-lasting and visible through 5 years.
- 100% of the follow up patients had sustained noticeable improvements at 5 years.
If you are tired of covering up your cellulite, call us (805-695-2160) to schedule a consultation to see if Cellfina is right for you.