Evolutions Medical Spa Santa Barbara and cosmetic surgeon Dr. Terry Perkins hosted an event last night dedicated to Getting Ready for Summer. Dr. Perkins thoroughly covered four topics about treatments offered to help beautify your body! If you are interested in any (or all!) of these services, please call Evolutions at 805.687.0212 to schedule a complimentary consultation.
Laser Hair Removal
What is most unique about our Santa Barbara laser hair removal technique is that we have multiple devices available to treat different hair and skin types which allows us to get better results. With a standard hair reduction treatments, most people see about a 70% reduction in hair growth. At Evolutions, we strive to do better than that because our lasers fit your hair, not the other way around!
About Laser Hair Removal:
- Uses light energy to “injure” the hair follicle so it shrinks and has little, or no, hair growth.
- We refer to it as “Permanent Hair Reduction” because the FDA does not allow it to be called “Permanent Hair Removal” since most people experience hair loss, but not complete removal.
- Hair grows in cycles so multiple treatments are needed to insure that all the hair in the area gets treated.
- The ideal candidate would have white skin and dark hair. Lighter hair, such as blond, red, white, grey, are more of a challenge to treat but at Evolutions we have a laser that has radiofrequency (which is essentially “color blind”) to treat the lighter hairs.
Laser Vein Removal and Sclerotherapy Vein Treatments
Did you know that 80 million Americans have issues with veins? Vein problems are mostly genetic. If both your parents have vein problems, there is a 90% chance that you will too. The type of job you have can also contribute to vein problems (a job where you are standing all the time or sitting all the time), especially in combination with a genetic predisposition. One way to help prevent vein problems, or keep them asymptomatic, is to wear support hose. Small and medium-sized veins can be treated with either Laser Vein Removal or Sclerotherapy. We recommend scheduling a complimentary consultation to discuss which method would be best for your needs.
About Laser Vein Removal:
- At Evolutions, our laser vein therapy typically treats superficial veins to the deeper reticular veins.
- The laser delivers pulses of light to cause the blood within the vein to coagulate, eventually destroying the vessel which is later reabsorbed by your body.
- Most clients find that two to three treatments are sufficient and experience a stinging sensation, but local anesthesia or pain medication is typically required. Some clients choose to use a topical anesthetic prior to treatment.
- Clients have seen significant improvement within two to six weeks of treatment.
About Sclerotherapy Vein Treatment:
- Sclerotherapy is a highly effective way to treat clusters of red, blue or purple veins (that frequently appear on the thighs, calves and ankles).
- Traditional sclerotherapy injects a hyper tonic saline which can cause discomfort and burning.
- Evolutions uses osmotic detergent agents instead of hyper tonic saline to make the treatment more comfortable.
- The treated veins will disappear over the course of a few weeks.
Stretch Mark Removal
Stretch marks can affect both men and women. They are usually created during pregnancy and other periods of rapid growth due to dermal tearing with the epidermis intact. Frequently the stretch marks won’t tan, making the marks more obvious. At Evolutions, our goal is to rebuild the collagen and elastin in the dermis which helps to lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
About Stretch Mark Removal:
- Past stretch mark removal treatments have included laser but patients typically saw poor results.
- Dr. Perkins has developed a unique protocol that is part of a 3-step process where patients have seen a 50 to 90 percent improvement. After treatment is completed, the area can even tan again!
- Stretch mark removal is a series of four treatments.
Body Contouring and Cellulite Reduction
Cellulite is superficial fat right under the surface of the skin. The most common cause of cellulite is heredity, although hormones, smoking, lack of exercise and poor diet all have a partial effect on it. Evolutions goal in treating cellulite is to smooth the area and achieve volume reduction.
About Cellulite and Body Contouring With VelaShape:
- VelaShape is the first and only FDA-approved device for cellulite and circumference reduction.
- VelaShape utilizes bipolar radiofrequency to heat the tissue underneath and infrared light energy to heat the tissue on top plus a vacuum and mechanical massage.
- The combination of the process above increases the metabolism of stored energy, increases lymphatic drainage and reduces or shrinks the size of the actual fat cells and fat chambers.
- Over the course of a series of treatments, clients see a gradual smoothing of the skin surface with a noticeable reduction in cellulite.
- Circumferential reduction, with a noticeable re-shaping of the treated area, also occurs.
- Learn more about VelaShape Body Contouring on our website.
Evolutions Medical Spa Santa Barbara offers the best technology and innovative treatments for a wide variety of skin concerns. View all of our spa services! Hear what our clients have to say about us!