Although summer is winding down, Brazilian laser hair removal is still hot at Evolutions Medical Spa in Santa Barbara! Why? With itsy-bitsy bikinis being so popular, it has become a priority for women of all ages to take care of their hair – or more appropriately, take care of removing their hair. Non-permanent hair removal methods like shaving, waxing, sugaring, threading or depilatory creams are less expensive, and work at removing hair, but the frequency for these methods adds up (once a day, once a month, etc.,) and your hair always grows back.
- The Comet is considered to be the new Gold Standard in laser hair removal systems.
- The PPx uses patented photopneumatic therapy and is a painless treatment. It does not even require numbing cream.
- The CoolGlide uses Nd:YAG technology and is ideal for darker skin types.
- The ProWave is a programmable IPL and is able to cover large areas with very little discomfort.
- Bonus! The Dual-Laze hair removal treatment combines the Comet and the PPX into each treatment using a proprietary protocol developed by cosmetic surgeon Dr. Terry Perkins, owner and overseer of Evolutions.
Laser hair removal is done in a series of treatments, depending on the growth cycle of your hair and determined by the clinician at Evolutions. Every person is unique and will have a varying response to treatment. After completing the initial series it is often necessary to come in for a single maintenance treatment every six to nine months. For that reason, the FDA requires that laser hair removal treatments be referred to as “permanent hair reduction” rather than “permanent hair removal.” That said, most people are very happy with the permanent clearance they are able to achieve from an initial series.
Evolutions does not just do Brazilian laser hair removal! Hair can be removed anywhere with the exception of immediately around the eyes and inside the nose and ears. Popular laser hair removal places are for the under arm, leg, and back, in addition to the bikini area.
At Evolutions we price laser hair removal by “time”, as opposed to ‘area’, because hairlines can vary from one individual to another. We encourage you to come in for a complimentary laser hair removal consultation and at that time an accurate price for a (5) treatment series package will be quoted. Fill out our contact form online or call us for an appointment 805.687.0212 today!