One of the best ways to fight aging is the daily use of sunscreen. (We recently blogged about how important sunscreen is, read it here.) While using sunscreen helps prevent sun damage, it does not address past sun and environmental damage that may be making your skin look older. If you are looking for an at home skincare product to combat sun damage, we recommend Nia24 – our skincare product spotlight in this post.
Sun Damage Happens on the Cellular Level
Exposing your skin to UV rays can cause your cells to enter into a photo-excited state which leads to the formation of free radicals, oxidation, and cellular damage. The UV rays can also cause changes or mutations in the DNA within cells, causing the cells to function differently than normal cells. Over time, the cells struggle with self-repair and signs of sun damage start to emerge in the form of fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation (“sun” or “liver” spots), and possibly precancerous lesions.
How does Nia24 address sun damage?
Nia24 goes to the DNA level to repair sun damage. NAD (the active form of Niacin) is one of the components that the body uses to repair damaged DNA. Nia24 products contain Pro-Niacin, a patented molecule of Niacin/Vitamin B3, that penetrates the skin barrier to help cells self-repair. Healthier skin cells are generated within the epidermis and the result is a reduction in the visible signs of sun damage.
Pro-Niacin has been clinically tested and proven to work within the skin barrier. Some of the benefits include:
- Renewed skin texture
- Improved firmness
- Reduction of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduction in the appearance of dark spots / discoloration
- Increased cell turnover / renewal
Nia24 products can be used by any skin type. These are the best-selling Nia products at our Santa Barbara medical and day spa:
- Skin Strengthening Complex: An anti-oxidant rich moisturizer with 5% Pro-Niacin. It is nourishing, without being greasy, and will fortify your skin, improve elasticity, and visibly reduce discoloration, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Intensive Recovery Complex: This is a richer cream that locks in moisture so the skin looks fuller and firmer. It also brightens to restore radiance and reduce the appearance of discolorations.
- Intensive Retinol Repair: This retinol will increase cell turnover for stronger skin and visibly improve skin tone, texture, and discoloration. It is moisturizing so your skin should not show signs of irritation or drying out.
- Rapid Exfoliating Serum: A gentle, leave-on re-surfacing treatment that exfoliates dull skin for improved tone and texture.
Incorporating Nia24 into your skincare routine is easy. Replace your current moisturizer with the Skin Strengthening Complex or the Intensive Recovery Complex. To increase cellular turnover, add Intensive Retinol Repair before the moisturizer (after cleansing). The Rapid Exfoliating Serum is gentle enough to use daily or on an as-needed basis.
Now is a great time to try Nia24 products because we have a Gift with Purchase (only good while supplies last).
Buy $150 worth of Nia24 products and receive a free Travel Kit (with travel sized Intensive Recovery Complex, Gentle Cleansing Cream, and Nia24 sunscreen), a $75 value.