About Medical Spas
So what exactly is a medical spa?
Medical spas, medspas, and medi-spas generally offer results-based, non-invasive or minimally invasive medical aesthetic services for people who would like to improve something about themselves without surgery or extended downtime. The focus is medical as opposed to the relaxation/pampering focus that is found at day spas.
At Evolutions, we believe a medical spa should be a fusion of the clinical and the luxurious. We will help you to address your concerns through physician-level care with top notch technology. However, unlike a traditional doctor’s office, we are located at a convenient location and in a beautiful, relaxing, spa-like environment. We place and premium on customer service and have extended hours and flexible scheduling.
It is worth noting that some “medspas” have minimal to no true medical supervision from an appropriately qualified physician (“Appropriately qualified physicians” are those who specialize in an aesthetic or skin-related field. These would generally be cosmetic/plastic surgeons and dermatologists). Procedures such as Botox injections, laser hair removal, etc, are medical procedures and you should select a facility with the same care and diligence as you would a doctor or a surgeon. Some questions you should ask before receiving treatment at any facility offering medical spa services include:
- Who is the medical director?
- Where is the doctor’s main office? Is it in Santa Barbara?
- What is his/her specialty? Is it in an aesthetic field?
- Does the doctor have normal hours at the spa?
- Am I able to see the doctor for a consultation at the spa?
- If there is a complication with the treatment, would the doctor be able to see me personally?
- Did the medical director personally train the clinicians working at the spa?